I took my family up to the little town of Blowing Rock this weekend. It was great getting to spend time with them and I took a lot of pictures of the tremendous fall colors of the mountains and valleys around us.
I had never been to Blowing Rock before, and I have decided I would love to live there, but I would probably have to leave my wife behind since the snow in the winter would be a deal breaker. We were there on a busy tourist weekend, so we didn't get to window shop as much as we might have liked, but it was still a lot of fun to walk through town and watch the kids playing in the park.
- The Blowing Rock (ncgrouptwo.wordpress.com)
- Bloggy Meet 2013- Blowing Rock (shanny.wordpress.com)
- Blowing Rocks Blue Ridge Parkway (gpcooley.com)
- Hiking in Blowing Rock, NC (livestrong.com)
- Blue Ridge Parkway Fall Color 10/25/13 (naturalhistorywanderings.com)
- Great stops along the Blue Ridge Parkway (usatoday.com)
- New trails on Blue Ridge Parkway are labor of love (and money) (newsobserver.com)
- Section of Blue Ridge Parkway closed for 2 months for repairs (myfox8.com)
- An Introverted Vacation/"I Have A Need for Solitude" - Mary Chapin Carpenter (mlight.typepad.com)
- Fall Colors - Along the Blue Ridge Parkway (nomadruss.me)