The multiverse is a big, no I mean BIG, I MEAN REALLY BIG place and there is a lot going on out there. If you’re an Agent of the Transdimensional Authority you never know what you’re going to run into (unless you actually read the mission briefing, but who has time for that). You might find yourself smack dab in the middle of the zombie apocalypse while the robot revolution is occurring and aliens have invaded, or you end up on a world of sentient machines have helped humanity to death. Yup, the multiverse can be a dangerous place. Thank goodness it is so resilient.
In Ira Nayman’s latest novel, You Can’t Kill the Multiverse, But You Can Mess With Its Head, we revisit the office of the Transdimensional Authority, but this time we get to spend time with some of the other Agents as they each try to track down the source of some illegal counterfeit Home Universe Generators that have popped up in some very unusual universes, and when they discover a connection the whole team races into action. Okay, races might seem a bit extreme. It’s more like a casual stroll into action preceded by bureaucracy, indecision and uncomfortable personal admissions.
The author does a great job of sharing the absurd possibilities of a multiverse filled with infinite possibilities. The pop culture references are brilliant and spaced for maximum effect. The development of characters introduced in Welcome to the Universe is fun and adds depth to an already enjoyable series.
Some of the scenes can get a little slow, but those are few and far between and there is enough humor woven into them to keep the reader from losing interest.
I would definitely recommend this book to anyone. While I did not like this book as much as I enjoyed Welcome to the Universe, but it was still a really fun read. The different chapters were enjoyable all on their own, but they are brought together to form a terrific story that anyone with half a sense of humor would enjoy.
- #MultiverseDay (mdibiasio.com)
- The DC Multiverse: Crisis on Infinite Earths (sourcererblog.wordpress.com)
- God Versus the Multiverse (guardianlv.com)
- Guest post: Writing Should Be a Challenge by Ira Nayman (morgenbailey.wordpress.com)
- Zombies and Aliens? Zomb-aliens? What?! (sgtmo.wordpress.com)
- Transdimensional Beings are Amongst Us (davidicke.com)
- Transdimensional Space Goat Found at http://buff.ly/1dygOlr (joshuastarlight.wordpress.com)
- Book Review: One Right Tricky Bastard
- Book Review: Excelsior
- Book Review: You Can’t Kill the Multiverse
- Book Review: Gabriel’s Redemption
- Book Review: Sebastian and the Afterlife